By Julie Weiss – Marathon Goddess
I am so excited to be heading back to the Kona Marathon for the 3rd consecutive year. Kona was number 11 in my journey of “52 marathons in 52 weeks “ to fight pancreatic cancer. Since it was number 11, I am going to give you 11 reasons to run this race. My particular favorite, Number 11 was like running in Heaven.
- Okay, the real obvious reason is the race is in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. Even if you did not train well enough and didn’t quite have the race you wanted, when you finish, you are in Hawaii. Right? Enjoy it.
- There is something for everyone, The Kona Marathon, Kona Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon & 5K, so bring the whole family.
- Clean air. I just enjoy the air quality in Kona with views that will inspire you. Also, the friendly, fun Marathon volunteers and staff are great with the beautiful Aloha Spirit.
- The Kona Marathon has been rated #1 Marathon in the State of Hawaii by TripAdvisor.
- The Kona Marathon is sponsored by UCC Coffee. Best coffee on the planet and it will make you run faster, guarantee.
- This year the race will take place at the Waikoloa Beach Resort on the Kona/ Kohala Coast.
- David and I will be celebrating our honeymoon there, come join us in our bliss.
- Save $10 on your registration Half or Full, using code KMGODDESS www.konamarathon.com.
- The Host Hotel, The Hilton Waikoloa is offering discounted room rates for the dates of June 23 – July 3, 2015 based on availability. Book Here : Hilton Village – Runners Rates
- This could be you enjoying the Waikoloa Beach Resort after participating in the Kona Marathon Events in Hawaii.
- The Marathon, Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon runners will continue onto the Queen Kaahumanu Highway and the famous Lava Fields of Kona, running a portion of the famous Ironman World Championship bike route before returning to the Waikoloa Beach Resort and the welcoming throng of spectators at the finish line.
Register today. Come join us and Run the Rock in the Land of Aloha June 20-28, 2015.
We Got This- Aloha Style!